The second member of the IP Communicator™ product family is the IPR4500 IP based handheld radio.
The IPR4500 is expected to be the most popular of the four IP Communicator™ products because of its portability and ability to talk globally with Global PTT™ technology. IPR4500 provides secure communication with End to End encrypted to FIPS 140-2 compliant AES 256 bit with user loadable keys. IPR4500 is easily configured using web management which enables global configuration of deployed units in the field.
The IPR4500 features a 128 x 64 pixels White on Black Sunlight Viewable low power LCD display for easy visibility. Designed to be rugged with a single antenna and features the same look and feel as typical commercial/industrial 2-way radios. The IPR4500 contains 6800mA/Hr removable battery on the rear of the radio that can be changed in the field by the user, and a drop-in charger that enables charging from any external DC power source (8 ~ 60V). Functionally it supports the same features as the IPR-5000 including least cost routing, caller identification, GPS tracking.
Where the IPR4500 shines is in its portability. A user can grab the radio at home, turn it on and talk immediately with his co-workers hundreds or thousands of miles away. When he gets to the office and the IPR4500 finds an authorized WiFi access point, the radio now jumps over and uses the lower cost IP routing to allow continued operation. This example can be on-land or on a Navy Destroyer with no access to cellular data but access points scattered throughout the ship. Now a user never loses communications when moving about the ship.
• Integrated GPS location receiver enabling location based services
• Integrated WiFi with integrated antenna
• Full keypad enabling numeric dialing and unit customization
• Integrated Bluetooth radio for hands-free operation
• An integrated off-network radio is available enabling simplex radio operation
• 6800mA/Hour battery with drop-in charger from any USB port, or external power supply
• An optional cellular radio modem is available for both voice and data operation GSM, GPRS, HSPA+ or 1x, EVDO, LTE enabling operation on global networks
• Powerful 750MHz AM3350 ARM processor running Embedded Linux Operating System
• Dual SIM card slots are available for custom SIM insertion (VTrunk service still required)
• Secure communication with AES-256 bit FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
• Individual, Group & System-Wide Talking Supported