The second series of IP Communicator® products are the IPR4500 / IPR4600 IP based handheld radios.
The IPR4500 / IPR4600 radios are expected to be the most popular of the four IP Communicator® products because of their portability and ability to talk globally with Global PTT™ technology*. These radios provide secure communication with End to End encrypted to FIPS 140-2 compliant AES 256 bit with user loadable keys and are easily configured using web based management software enabling global configuration of deployed units.
They feature a 128 x 160 pixels TFT color low power LCD display for easy visibility and are designed to be rugged with a single antenna and features the same look and feel as typical commercial/industrial 2-way radios. A 3600mA/Hr removable battery on the rear of the radio is included that can be changed in the field by the user, and a drop-in charger that enables charging from any external DC power source (8 ~ 60V). Functionally these radios support the same features as the IPR5000 including least cost routing, caller identification, GPS tracking.
Both the IPR4500 and IPR4600 shine in portability. A user can grab the radio at home, turn it on and talk immediately with his co-workers hundreds or thousands of miles away. When he gets to the office and the radio finds an authorized WiFi access point, the radio now jumps over and uses the lower cost IP routing to allow continued operation. This example can be on-land or on a Navy Destroyer with no access to cellular data but access points scattered throughout the ship. Now a user never loses communications when moving about the ship.
The IPR4600 offers the same functionality of the IPR4500 but with additional support for Globalstar or Thuaya satellite radio/antenna for global PTT coverage where no WiFi or cellular data connections are available.
*Global PTT™ is the ability for a device to communicate Globally with other Global enabled technology
• Integrated GPS location receiver enabling location based services
• Integrated WiFi with integrated antenna
• Full keypad enabling numeric dialing and unit customization
• Integrated Bluetooth radio for hands-free operation
• An integrated off-network radio is available enabling simplex radio operation
• 3600mA/Hour battery with drop-in charger from any USB port, or external power supply
• An optional cellular radio modem is available for both voice and data operation GSM, GPRS, HSPA+ or 1x, EVDO, LTE enabling operation on global networks
• Powerful 700MHz processor running Embedded Linux Operating System
• Dual SIM card slots are available for custom SIM insertion (VTrunk service still required)
• Secure communication with AES-256 bit FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
• Individual, Group & System-Wide Talking Supported
• Support for PTT over satellite where other data connections are not available (IPR4600 only)